Monday, February 13, 2012

Arrival

– Alright here's the deal, I arrived in Adelaide, Australia on Wednesday, Feb 8th, but have had a very difficult time with internet. We actually still don't have internet at the apartment, so bear with me. I have however written up a post or two in the meantime that I can put up now. Better late than never. –



Friday February 10, 2012
We landed 2 days ago, safe and sound, after traveling for over 26 hours straight. The plane rides were long and disorienting, but I somehow managed to hit the jackpot. My first flight was low capacity, so I was able to stretch out across 3 seats all to myself! I didn’t get much sleep, but it was definitely comfy. The 15.5 hour flight from the US to Australia was a whole other ball game. Luckily I was sitting next to this really nice woman on her way to Melbourne to give a presentation so some art gallery officials. Watched 3 movies, and that didn’t even come close to taking up half the time of the flight. At least the food was actually pretty good, and they served it to us on these cute little reusable trays. It made the airplane food seem a little less cheap.
Qantas Airlines - the fleet of flying kangaroos
This was my first big trip by myself, and I’ve got to say that I’m pretty proud of the fact that I didn’t get horribly lost in the various airports. When I got to Melbourne I looked for some food and found a Hungry Jack’s. It looked really familiar so I decided to get that. Now I know, why: Hungry Jack’s = Australia’s Burger King haha.

When I got to the apartment, I settled in, and found the library across the street so I could let my parents know that I’d arrived alive, then headed back to meet Heather and Ali who had just arrived.

The State Library


Our apartment is awesome. Right in the middle of downtown with 3 balconies and an amazing view. Unfortunately we are still fighting the battle to get electricity and internet in the place, so our nights have been pretty romantic, being lit by candlelight haha. Hopefully we can get this sorted soon so that I can start putting up some proper posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment